Working Hours: Full Time, Hours rostered in advance with core hours Mon-Fri 07:00-22:00 and Sat-Sun 08:00-20:00 (would also consider P/T working).
Optima Health is the UK market leader in Occupational Health and Well-being services with an ambition to improve the overall health and well-being of the UK workforce. To continue supporting healthy high performance across our client’s organisations, we’re growing and investing and in short, we are going places.
Our HELP Employee Assistance™ (EAP) service is available to our customers 24/7, 365 days a year and provides advice, support and counselling to employees with personal or work concerns regardless of location and accessible from anywhere in the world. As a result, HELP is now recognised as a leading brand within the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) community, and our customers include high profile Private and Public Sector organisations and a significant number of governmental departments in the UK.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking to appoint Counsellors who will be telephone based, to join our established Employee Assistance Team.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Minimum of a Diploma in Counselling and either BACP Accreditation or working towards Accreditation with a minimum of 300 hours counselling experience
- Demonstrable experience of telephone work either in a service orientated customer care environment or social work/welfare rights helpline
- Previous experience gained within an EAP environment would be advantageous
- Ability to write accurate and clear reports
- Confident and competent computer user is essential, with working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook and ability to work with database applications. Working from home, there is a requirement that you would be able to follow simple instructions over the phone for basic computer issues with our IT support team if required.
We are ideally looking for you to work with us full time (40 hours per week). Your work is rostered in advance with core hours between 7am until 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am until 8pm Saturday/Sunday. To provide our service whilst maintaining the best possible work-life balance you’ll work a minimum of one 10pm shift a week with a rolling rota on Friday evenings plus a rota for weekend shifts.
We would also consider part time applications, subject to a minimum of 24 hours per week, including a minimum of one 10pm shift. Whilst the role is home based, you’ll need to be able to travel for training purposes and some onsite customer work may be required. Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.