Location: Nationwide, this role will be working from home
Working Hours: Full time, core hours between 7.00 am until 10.00 pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am – 8.00 pm Saturday and Sunday – working 1 weekend every 12 weeks and a late shift once a week
Salary: 27,000 per annum
Qualified Counsellors Required as Employee Assistance Advisors
HELP Employee Assistance™, are looking for qualified counselling practitioners to work on their helpline. This is a home based role which uses multiple technology to stay connected with our clients, customers and team. You will need to be interested in development and have a passion for supporting and maintaining mental health and wellbeing. You will be part of a large organisation that has maintained a close working team approach.
In return we will offer the successful candidate;
Paid for monthly clinical supervision fees
Paid for Accreditation and renewal
CPD on a monthly basis
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– To promptly and professionally receive telephone calls from both customers and clients, seeking help and guidance on personal and/or work – related problems.
– To establish accurately the need for information and/or advice by making a personalised assessment of each incoming call.
– To provide positive help, assistance and information to callers as appropriate to their requirements.
– To retrieve information and data and communicate this to the caller as clearly and accurately as possible.
– To maintain confidential customer and client records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
– To handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to BACP and Employee Assistance ethics and codes of practice.
– To fully commit to continuing professional development in line with business needs including relevant computer and management training and professional development.
– To allocate client appointments directly to practitioner diaries using specialised software
– Undertake ongoing short term (max 6 sessions) telephone counselling sessions with clients
– Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as and when requested by Management
Experience,skills and knowledge required for the role
– Minimum of a Diploma in Counselling
– Either BACP Accredited or equivalent, those who are working towards Accreditation will be considered, although you will need to have the minimum of – – 450 hours counselling experience and be near to submitting BACP Accreditation or equivalent status.
– Experience of telephone work either in a service orientated customer care environment or social work/welfare rights helpline.
– Have an understanding and be able to use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills to enhance professional practice.
– Excellent ability to help others solving problems.
– To be flexible, resilient and polite under extreme pressure.
– Have a positive approach to change and ability to adapt easily to new demands
– Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate easily at all levels of management and staff.
– Confident and competent computer user and ability to type and talk is essential to the role
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability,race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.