Location: Home-Based with on-site attendance as required
Working Hours: Full/Part Time, Core hours between 9am and 6pm plus flexible as per customer requirements
As a wellbeing practitioner you will undertake a comprehensive assessment of the bio-psycho social factors impacting on performance or attendance at work. The role involves telephone-based assessments with a management report as an outcome. You will be required to signpost and identify the most appropriate steps to facilitate a return to work for an employee. This may include delivering short term counselling as appropriate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and recommend the appropriate route for management or onward refer to facilitate case resolution
- Use motivational interviewing techniques to drive /inspire changes in attitude or thought processes as part of supporting individuals to resolve issues
- Produce reports for referrers in line with business standards
- Provide up to six sessions of counselling to support employees with work or personal issues which are impacting on their ability to be at or stay at work.
- Liaison and/or referral to other internal or external specialists to enable case progression.
- Handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to BACP Ethical Framework.
- Undertake ongoing professional development in line with business/professional body requirements
- To maintain confidential customer and client records in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Optima Health internal procedures.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Degree/Diploma in a counselling and 2 years counselling practice experience
- Registered with a recognised counselling body e.g. BACP, UKCP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating ability to conduct structured well-being assessments (by telephone and face to face) and produce accurate and concise management reports
- Previous report writing experience would be useful but training will be provided
- Proficient with IT and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
This role is offered on a Full/Part term contract and will enable working from home with occasional on-site face to face meetings if required. Core hours between 9am and 6pm.
Salary up to £25,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
At Optima Health we are eager to provide a supportive and engaging team environment and while this would also be the case for this vacancy, due to the remote nature of your role, a desire and ability to work independently is essential. Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.